At 10.00 this morning, in the Consistory Hall of the Vatican Apostolic Palace, during the celebration of Terce, the Holy Father Francis held an Ordinary Public Consistory for the Canonization of the Blesseds:
- Paul VI (Giovanni Battista Montini), Supreme Pontiff;
- Oscar Arnulfo Romero Galdámez, archbishop of San Salvador, martyr;
- Francesco Spinelli, diocesan priest, founder of the Institute of the Sisters Adorers of the Blessed Sacrament;
- Vincenzo Romano, diocesan priest;
- Maria Katharina Kasper, virgin, founder of the Institute of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ;
- Nazaria Ignacia of Saint Teresa of Jesus (née: Nazaria Ignacia March Mesa), virgin, founder of the Congregation of the Missionary Crusaders of the Church.
During the Consistory, the Pope decreed that the Blesseds be inscribed in the Book of Saints on Sunday 14 October 2018.